4th January

Firstly a Happy New Year to all my readers! I'm intending to do a review of last year at some point but haven't had the time so far.

Sorry for the lack of posts over the last couple of weeks but the festivities rather got in the way and then I was away for a few days over the New Year. I'm still working my way through getting the new year list up and running so can't provide a total yet but the highlight of the year so far was a splendid female RED-CRESTED POCHARD that was found by Nicola Devine yesterday. This species is less than annual on the Meadow so it's great to have it on the list already.

Female Red-crested Pochard courtesy of Nicola Devine (c)
I went for the first gull roost scan of the year today and was rewarded with no less than five YELLOW-LEGGED GULLS (3 adults and 2 second winters). Seven Golden Plover flew in to keep the Lapwings company and there were seven GOOSANDER which came in to roost.

No comments:

Post a Comment